CBQ Home Events & Activities Community Annual Quilt Show News Letter & BOM Quilting Links Contact Us
Attention: Meetings are canceled IF Prince William County Schools are Closed
Letter From The President:
Where has the year gone? Winter seems to have snuck in a bit early to make up for our mild fall. Brrrr! What perfect weather for getting some quilting projects done! It’s time to snuggle up with our projects, watch some holiday specials, spend quality moments with our families and friends, and prepare ourselves for next year’s quilting adventures.
I don’t know about you, but this year’s resolution to finish more projects than I started really wasn’t the best thought out plan. I might just spend the next few weeks coming up with a more creative way to justify my stash and my passion for trying new techniques. After all, it’s all about the journey and not the destination!
If you haven’t participated in a CBQ mini-retreat, please consider it. The Senior Center is only a hop away, if you forget something JoAnns, Hancocks, and G-Street are not too far away…well, home isn’t too far either. Besides, quilters are the most generous people I’ve met and at these instructional gatherings sharing fabric, ideas, and notions just adds sparkle and pizzazz to our projects.
Remember, our December meeting is a week earlier than normal. I’m looking forward to seeing all of those Red & Green Holiday Quilts. I’ll enjoy seeing them even if they aren’t red and green. Just think, if you have your quilt done to share at the meeting, that’s one less thing to be binding on the evening before the big day!
And one last thought. This is the perfect month to share your warmth with others. Why not start that caring quilt project you’ve been thinking about? Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday season!
2006 Fall Retreat
We had a fun and productive Massanetta Springs fall retreat this year thanks to Carol Goe. Plans are underway for the 2006 Fall retreat at Massanetta Springs for Friday 0 November – noon Sunday 2 November. Final price will be dependent on the number attending, but it should be between $ 140 and $ 145 per person for double room occupancy. In order to reserve our space, a $25 deposit per person planning to attend is needed at the next guild meeting. Checks should be made out to CBQ. Please give your deposit to Jane Bruno at the November guild meeting .
- General guild meetings will be held at Lake Ridge Baptist Church,12450 Clipper Drive, Woodbridge VA 22192 (in Thousand Oaks).
- The next meeting will be held Monday, December 19, 2005 7:30pm at Lake Ridge Baptist Church,12450 Clipper Drive, Woodbridge VA 22192 (in Thousand Oaks).
Member of the Prince William County Arts Council
Directions to Meeting:
Lake Ridge Baptist Church is located on Clipper Drive which is off of Old Bridge Road in Lake Ridge.
It is past Tackett’s Mill If you are coming from the Prince William Parkway (take the Parkway to Old Bridge Road) or from Minnieville Road (turn right onto Old Bridge Road). You will turn left onto Clipper Drive at the Mobil Gas Station.
If you are coming from the direction of Rt 1 or I-95 you will turn right onto Clipper drive at the top of the hill.
Once on Clipper Drive the church will be on your left. You will pass the Office park, some homes and townhouses, then a small fenced-in parking lot on your left. The entrance to the church is marked by a small sign. (If you miss this entrance, don’t worry! Simply turn left onto Mariners drive and then left again into the church parking lot.)
Go in the driveway, up the small hill and turn to the right. The entranceway has glass doors and there is a drop-off area. The parking lot is across from the entranceway. Once you are in the church lobby the meeting room is to the right
All Content © Copyright 2003-2010 Cabin Branch Quilters Guild
Web Mistress: Dorsey Clement
Last updated November 18, 2005
- The Best Friend of Events & Conferences Planning That you Need!Introduction: What is a calendar? How it Works and how can it help to reduce your event planning tasks? A good event planner can help their community stay informed about their events. They can keep track of which events are happening in the city and where they are located. They can also keep track of […]
- A Guide to Planning Environmental EventsThe Complete Guide to Sustainability Events and How They Can Improve Your Business A sustainable community event is a good way to bring people together and create a sense of belonging. It can be used as an opportunity to connect with the community and communicate with it. A sustainable community event is a great way […]
- How to Craft the Perfect Online Course with Lead Generation and Business DevelopmentThe course should be a blend of information and entertainment. It should be educational and entertaining at the same time. You can use techniques like slideshows, videos, quizzes and even games to make it more engaging for your audience. Even though you might have a lot of content to share, keep in mind that your […]
- Celebrate Sustainable Community Events and Reduce Energy Use to Protect the EnvironmentIntroduction: Why is it Important to Celebrate Sustainable Community Events and Boost Environmental Awareness? In order to reduce the environmental impact of community events, it is important to consider sustainable practices. For example, when planning a festival, there are a lot of things that can be done to reduce waste and pollution. First, consider what […]
- How To Celebrate A New Season With Fabric-Centric ActivitiesLooking to celebrate the autumn season in a fun and festive way? Check out these fabric-centric activities! From crafting projects to decorating your home with fall-themed touches, there are plenty of ways to get in the spirit this season. So get creative and have fun – autumn is definitely a season to be celebrated! Get […]
- How to optimize your home’s storage space in just 5 easy stepsIf you’re looking to free up space in your home, and make room for more valuable items, then you need to read this article. By following the 5 easy steps outlined in the article, you will be able to optimize your home’s storage space, and make room for all of your belongings. So why wait? […]
- The Top 10 Benefits to Quitting SmokingQuitting smoking can be one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Not only do quitting cigarettes improve your health, but it can also save you a lot of money in the long run. Here are ten of the top benefits to quitting smoking: The benefits of quitting smoking for short-term health. Quitting […]
- “How Kathy McLaren Can Help You Overcome Your Personal Struggles”Do you ever find yourself struggling with stress and anxiety? If so, then you might be interested in learning about Kathy McLaren, an internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and coach. McLaren specializes in helping people overcome personal struggles, and her book “The Compassionate Mind: Ten Tools for Overcoming Stress, Anxiety, and Depression” provides readers with advice […]
- 5 Tips for Sustainable Community Events that Create a Positive ImpactAre you looking for ways to host a community event that has a positive impact on your community and the environment? Look no further than these five sustainable tips! By following these tips, you can create events that help grow your community while also minimizing negative impacts on the environment. Research your options for sustainable […]